Fort Glass Incorporated is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
Please notify us if you require an assistive device that you feel we need to be aware of. We will ensure all employees you will be dealing with are familiar with your device and will make every effort to accommodate you. If accommodations cannot be made, you will be notified.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on our premises.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to our facilities for clients with disabilities (i.e.: automatic door is out of service) we will notify you promptly. A notice will be clearly posted indicating the reason for the disruption and the anticipated length of time.
Training for Staff
Fort Glass will provide training to employees who deal with our customers on this plan and how to deal with the various disabilities they may encounter.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Fort Glass plan relating to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing our services or entering our premises
- What to do in the event of an emergency
Clients who wish to provide feedback on the way Fort Glass Inc. provides services to people with disabilities can do so by emailing email@example.com or by calling 613 384 2535 and speaking to one of our customer service personnel. All feedback will be directed to our Management Team for review. Clients can expect to hear back with 10 business days. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
This plan is meant to promote and respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities.